Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Coming up: The Last Vampire

Blog, I have not forsaken you! Here's the deal: I think I last posted sometime in March? Since then I've lost 30-ish lbs, which is cool and fun. But it was hella time consuming to have to learn about vegetables and pedometers and stuff.

Hey, how about I show you a picture of my cat, and we can all just forget about the months-long lapse in posting? OK?!

Actually, she looks depressed in this photo. I think she's got SAD. So... are we cool now?

Back when I started blogging, I realized I only had Last Vampire 1 and 2 and 5 and 6. & I seriously don't think I've ever read 5 or 6. For years, I waited for the middle third to turn up at a yard sale or used book store before I cracked #5.

So, here's my newest plan yet. I'm gonna use my long weekend (it's Victoria Day!) to knock all six of these Vampire muthas offa the to-read list. Which is probably a lot harder on the head than simply celebrating the monarchy. And, yeah, I know what you're thinking: "Ease yourself into that shit, sister!" But, no. I've been a doucheblogger, now I have to make up for it.

All right, I'll be back with some Last Vampire this weekend! Ciao~

12 comments:

Sadako said...

Yay! I can't wait for more recaps.

Fear Street said...

I second that, Sadako.

Anonymous said...

The only Pike better than The Last Vampire is The Season of Passage.

Anonymous said...

I third that. I'm looking forward to it! I love the Last Vampire books. Well, the first three anyway.

Sadako said...

http://dibblyfresh1.blogspot.com/2009/05/pass-it-on-or-what-makes-stacey-mcgill.html

Also, tagged you in a meme on my blog.

Anonymous said...

this is the one i've been PINING for.
PS kitty needs a SAD-lamp. or some kisses.

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're back! I think I only read the first two or three Last Vampire books. I know I was a student assistant at the library and read them at the K-Mart next door while I had my lunch break. I...didn't love them, although lately I've been thinking about rereading them. Looking forward!

Devika said...

The Last Vampire series are my favorite Christopher Pike books x 100. Plus my family is Indian, so I loved all the India references. I'm stoked!!!

BananaBomb said...

The last two [five] Vampire books are pretty horrid; I just read them a few weeks ago. Which means, I'm looking forward to your recap!

Anonymous said...

If by horrid you mean awesome, then I agree with you. Though maybe it helps if you read them the way one is meant to watch a serialized TV show on DVD: all at once to see the collective brilliance.

88Keys said...

Congratulations on your weight loss!

And six Pikes in one weekend? Don't hurt yourself!

Lord Mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.